News – WordPress 4.0 Beta 1 Available
WordPress 4.0 Beta 1 is now available!
Good news for all WordPress Lovers. WordPress recently announced that they can soon released the new version of WordPress 4.0. This version is still in development, so we don’t recommend you to run it on a your dream production website. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. If you want to test WordPress 4.0, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
The New Version of WordPress 4.0 is due out next month, but to get there, WordPress need your help testing what they been working on:
- Previews of embedding via URLs in the visual editor and the “Insert from URL” tab in the media modal.
- The Media Library now has a “grid” view in addition to the existing list view.
- Freshening up the plugin install experience.
- Selecting a language when you run the installation process.
- The editor intelligently resizes and its top and bottom bars pin when needed.
- Made some improvements to how your keyboard and cursor interact withTinyMCE views such as the gallery preview.
- Widgets in the Customizer are now loaded in a separate panel. (#27406)
- Also made some changes to some formatting functions, so if you see quotes curling in the wrong direction, please file a bug report.
Media Library (Grid View)
When testing the beta version, you will find that grid view for the media library is on by default. Also you have the option to toggle back to the list view. The new grid view is truly a thing of beauty.
Bulk Image Edit
WordPress 4.0 also include the bulk image edit option which offers you to quickly delete multiple images. Clicking on individual items launches a details modal where you can edit an attachment and even navigate between items directly in the modal.
Plugin Search and Installation Process
The plugin search and installation process is another highly visible and all new feature with a fresh new look. Check out the new plugin details modal as well as the new grid view when searching for an extension.
So What are you waiting for.? Download it and start using the All New WordPress 4.0 Beta 1.
[button link=”http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-beta-tester/” target=”_blank” color=”black” text_color=”#fff” size=”medium”]Download Beta Tester Plugin[/button] [button link=”https://wordpress.org/wordpress-4.0-beta1.zip” target=”_blank” color=”red” text_color=”#fff” size=”medium”]Download WordPress 4.0 Beta 1 (.ZIP)[/button]